- With Serie A set to return on Saturday, we glance again over the 2019-20 season thus far and establish the most effective stats.
Modified 20 Jun 2020, 12:30 IST
Serie A resumes on Saturday, making it the newest main European League to return to motion.
The Corona Virus pandemic pressured most world sport to close down in March, however the Bundesliga, LaLiga and Premier League have all recommenced their 2019-20 campaigns – albeit behind closed doorways.
Football has already returned in Italy, nonetheless, with Napoli edging out Juventus to raise the Coppa Italia trophy on Wednesday.
But the highest tier makes its comeback with a double-header of Torino v Parma and Hellas Verona v Cagliari on Saturday, with all the things from relegation to the title nonetheless to be determined.
As we stay up for the season’s resumption, we look again at the most effective Opta stats from Italy’s top-flight marketing campaign thus far.
– Juve have been trailing for 133 minutes in 2019-20, much less time than some other group in Serie A this season.
– At residence, Juve are unbeaten of their earlier 34 league video games (W29, D5), greater than double the following premiere streak (Lazio at 15).
– This time period, Cristiano Ronaldo equalled the file of 11 consecutive goalscoring appearances in a single Serie A season. He has additionally already levelled his haul of objectives from 2018-19 regardless of making 9 fewer appearances, averaging 0.95 objectives per sport in comparison with 0.68 final season.
– Among the gamers who made their debut within the three-points-for-a-win period, Ronaldo was the quickest to succeed in 42 objectives (52 appearances) – earlier than him the file was 58 video games performed (Vincenzo Montella, Andriy Shevchenko and Brazil nice Ronaldo).
– Lazio are unbeaten of their earlier 21 league video games (W17 D4), already an all-time Serie A file for the membership. Six of the seven earlier groups with streaks so long as that in a single season went on to win the Scudetto (the one exception was Roma in 2009-10).
– Ciro Immobile has 27 objectives in 26 video games in 2019-20. Only Antonio Valentin Angelillo (29) in has managed extra after 26 matchdays.
– Antonio Conte is the primary Inter coach to see his group rating in every of his first 19 video games in all competitions.
– Inter have gained 9 of their 13 Serie A away video games this season (D2 L2): solely within the 2006-07 marketing campaign have the Nerazzurri gained extra (11).
– Romelu Lukaku is considered one of three gamers to have scored at the very least 17 Serie A objectives of their first 25 video games of a debut season with Inter, emulating Giuseppe Meazza (1929-30) and Stefano Nyers (1948-49).
Keep Grinding pic.twitter.com/jhttpqJ2I6
— R.Lukaku Bolingoli9 (@RomeluLukaku9) May 27, 2020
– Atalanta’s 70 objectives on this Serie A marketing campaign already represents their second-best haul in a single season (77 in 2018-19).
– No group has scored as many as 70 objectives within the first 25 matches of a single Serie A season since 1959, when Fiorentina netted 79.
– Three Atalanta gamers are into double figures by way of objectives this season: Josip Ilicic, Luis Muriel and Duvan Zapata. Only in 1949-50 and 1951-52 have the membership had as many gamers attain 10 objectives.
– Since Stefano Pioli joined Milan, they’ve saved essentially the most clear sheets in Serie A (seven).
– Since his first spell at Milan (which started in August 2010), Zlatan Ibrahimovic has scored 60 objectives for the Rossoneri in all competitions, greater than some other participant with the membership within the interval.
Published 20 Jun 2020, 12:30 IST
Fetching extra content material…