As states shutter financial exercise due to preventable COVID-19 outbreaks, it’s deja vu over again.
This is a film we’ve seen earlier than:
- Rise in what might have been preventable COVID-19 instances
- A name for shutdowns (plus voluntary closures)
- Rampant politicization of well being and financial points somewhat than frequent sense approaches
- Persistent jobless claims plus new layoffs
- Wall Street nerves turning into new Federal Reserve and Treasury motion
This week on The Breakdown:
- Some of the smartest traders in the crypto house share how they suppose the bigger macro context is shaping curiosity in bitcoin and digital property.
- An oil and commodities professional breaks down how the shale revolution reshaped international power energy and why oil went under $zero earlier this 12 months.
- From markets to actual property to the greenback to retail, the information on whether or not the market is recovering or not is hella confused.
- Scam promoting, a giant win for privateness from Apple, new jobless claims in the “whack-a-mole” financial system and the greatest BTC choices expiry ever.
- The managing companion of Adamant Capital joins for a dialog about what the Protestant Reformation and the French Revolution can train us about bitcoin.
The chief in blockchain information, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic requirements and abides by a strict set of editorial insurance policies. CoinDesk is an impartial working subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.